Although some may find hookah smoking glamorous, it can be just as addictive and even more dangerous than cigarette smoking. But despite that, high school and college students are again taking up this archaic pastime.
Hookah Water Pipe , known as hookahs, look like thin metal vases. Sweet, sticky tobacco is heated over charcoal, producing smoke filtered through cooled water. A flexible hose is passed from one user to another to inhale the smoke. There are many different sizes of hookahs, and small, 8-inch-tall models are simple to conceal in bathrooms, cars, and dorm rooms. You can get your affordable Hookah Products in Canada.
Even though research on hookah smoking is still in its early stages, there is evidence that it is dangerous in many ways:
- Like cigarette smoking, hookah has been linked to heart disease, lung and oral cancers, and other serious illnesses.
- The amount of nicotine delivered by smoking a hookah is comparable to that of cigarettes, which could result in dependence.
- Secondhand smoke dangers apply to hookah smoke as well.
- Low birth weight babies can result from pregnant women smoking hookah.
- Improper cleaning of hookah pipes used in bars and cafes increases the risk of infectious disease transmission.
The water in the hookah accomplishes not filtering out the harmful components in tobacco smoke, and the tobacco is no less harmful in a hookah pipe than in a cigarette. Due to a large amount of smoke they inhale during a single session, which can last up to 60 minutes, hookah smokers may inhale more tobacco smoke than cigarette smokers.